Friday, February 14, 2014

Sidekick Showcase [63] - Oh Romeo


Sidekick Showcase, previously known as Sidekick Saturday, is a weekly bookish meme, hosted here by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! I will post my Sidekicks on Saturday, then whichever day during the week that you would like to post yours, you can put your link in on my page. Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in the week's topic
• Share a picture (if you can) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• The day of your post, put your link in below and grab the code for your post so you can see the others that post their's throughout the week as well

For the month of February, we're gonna go down the romance path and select characters that are romantic or just plain hot. Let's celebrate our book boyfriends and the protagonist's love interests.

If you haven't stopped by my Blogaversary Giveaway, Please Do!

This is not the one that I was lost in the other day BTW - I will be working on him the next couple of weeks. I want a really awesome picture.


My choice is Romeo Montague
Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
Romeo picture created by Jaclyn Canada as portrayed by Leonardo DiCaprio

I really wanted to celebrate a character that inspired so many other characters and romantic scenes throughout literature and in movies for Valentine's weekend...Romeo Montague from Romeo and Juliet. Pretty much everyone has heard the quotes (and most can quote some back to you), know the tragedy, and refer to them as star-crossed lovers. Romeo was basically fickle about love until he met Juliet, and then all bets were off. He was willing to give up everything (even good sense in my opinion) to be with her.

I read the play when I was in AP English in high school. I'm curious to know if anyone else has read it. I really enjoyed getting to watch Leonardo perform as Romeo so that's the version I chose for my picture :D


Quotes:


“Good night, good night! parting is such sweet sorrow,
That I shall say good night till it be morrow.”



“For never was a story of more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo.”



“See how she leans her cheek upon her hand.
O, that I were a glove upon that hand
That I might touch that cheek!”



“My only love sprung from my only hate.”



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment