Thursday, February 20, 2014

Harry Potter Moment of the Week [18]


This is a meme hosted by Uncorked Thoughts.The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! She is picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All she asks is to link back to her blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come here.

Best Spell



Isn't Bellatrix just creepy? I love it :D

I'm really going to have to go with Apparating for this one. So I'm not a morning person...at all. I need at least one Dr. Pepper before you really want to approach me for the day. I also tend to get behind people who have no idea how to do the speed limit when I'm trying my best to get my son to school and get to work on time. Needless to say, my morning commutes consist of me talking to the people in the cars around me..."Jiminy Cricket!" is my favorite epitaph.  "Did you even SEE the speed limit??" is another common one. "You WOULD pull out RIGHT in front of me" is one guaranteed to get the blood pressure going. Zane likes to remind me, "Mom, they can't hear you." I know that. I really do :) It just makes me feel better to tell them how they should be driving.

I really feel like Apparating would make my life a whole lot less stressful. Just whipping by to where I wanted to go in a matter of seconds. Never worrying about being late anymore, just needing to pack a little pepto in case my stomach gets a bit whoozy. Yes, I'm convinced this one out of all spells if I had to choose one from the Potterverse would be my life-saver.

Don't get me wrong though, I think for Harry his will always be Expelliarmus. In a world where dark magic is flying at you from all angles, and you have a conscience, you need a great defense spell. The fact that this became his 'trademark' spell makes a lot of sense to me. 

What spell would you choose as the best spell?

No comments:

Post a Comment