Saturday, February 8, 2014

Sidekick Showcase [62] - A Slow Burn


Sidekick Showcase, previously known as Sidekick Saturday, is a weekly bookish meme, hosted here by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! I will post my Sidekicks on Saturday, then whichever day during the week that you would like to post yours, you can put your link in on my page. Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in the week's topic
• Share a picture (if you can) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• The day of your post, put your link in below and grab the code for your post so you can see the others that post their's throughout the week as well

For the month of February, we're gonna go down the romance path and select characters that are romantic or just plain hot. Let's celebrate our book boyfriends and the protagonist's love interests.

If you haven't stopped by my Blogaversary Giveaway, Please Do!

We have snow on the ground! That doesn't happen just a whole lot in Northeast Texas. The temps have been crazy cold. For some reason, my internet has been on the blitz and hasn't been working the last few days. I called and they tell me they are working on it and there are more people having the problem, but the weird thing is that it would come on for about 10 minutes getting my hopes up and then would go down again. So it's up right now and has been up long enough for me to work on this post so I'm hoping it will last.

This is not the one that I was lost in the other day BTW - I will be working on him the next couple of weeks. I want a really awesome picture.


My choice is Vayl
Jaz Parks Series by Jennifer Rardin
Vayl picture created by Jaclyn Canada

Vayl is the top operative for the agency in this series. Jaz partners up with him and finds him to be a mystery...a very hot mystery. They both have issues to work out though so they keep things on a professional level, or at least try their darnest for quite a few books. I really like the slow burn on relationships. When things start to heat up, they heat up to a level that few others can reach. My other choices will be much like that.

Vayl is a vampire whose main priority is getting his sons back. I'll just leave it at that for those of you that haven't read the series. I know this one is an old one, but you really should pick it up if you haven't yet.

He gives Jaz a ring to help them work better together called Cirali and it forms a bond between the two helping them communicate.




Quotes:


As soon as Bergman left earshot Vayl said, "I am going to buy you some pom-poms and a short pleated skirt-"
Hey, if Bergman needs a cheerleader, that's what he's getting."
Vayl tipped his head to one side and smiled wickedly. "I was just thinking perhaps I need a cheerleader as well."
Cassandra got up. "If that's where this conversation is headed, I'm leaving."
She wants some pom-poms too," I told Vayl.
I do not!”



“Unbelievable. After what just
happened between us no, I don’t have any right. None at all. We’re barely a
couple. We’re not even sleeping together. I have to-"
What in God’s name are you babbling about?"
"You’re cheating on me!"
"I never cheat.”



“Seriously?"
I shrugged. "He can't suspect much if every time we're alone instead of talking I have my way with him." Cole shook his head. "You don't think it'll work?" I asked.
He rolled his eyes. "Vayl might be a vampire, but he's also a guy. Who's about to be deliriously happy. Good God, if you work this right, he won't even be mad if finds out because of the way you decided to hide it from him.”



“Hot.” The last word, barely a whisper, lost itself in my hair as he pressed his lips to that spot just below my ear that can, apparently, flip the off switch in my brain. Before I realized it my hands were inside that jacket, stroking the hard planes of his chest and stomach. And then, as if moving without any prompting from me they reached down, undid his belt, pulled it loose, and…“Ahhh, that feels great,” I moaned.“I am completely grossed out over here!” Cassandra informed us.Vayl, who’d been peering down at me with an expression of utter disbelief, stared at Cassandra over the top of my head. “It is not what you think,” he assured her.“As if I’d do something that disgusting,” I said, pulling away from him, but keeping the belt, because the buckle relieved the itching so much better than fingernails. I continued using it to scratch the inflamed skin across my stomach as I sat down by Cassandra.
“You are pathetic,” she told me.
“I’d get all offended, but I’m pretty sure you’re right.”



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment