Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Harry Potter Moment of the Week [45]


This is a meme hosted by Uncorked Thoughts.The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! She is picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All she asks is to link back to her blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come here.

    Best Minerva McGonagall line


Oh I just love her! One of the very first things that comes to mind is the hilarious comment she made in the movie after performing Piertotum Locomotor and she says, "I always wanted to use that spell." I thought it was brilliant that they brought out a little of her child-like adventurous side.



I also really enjoy the conversation she has with Wood:

"Potter, this is Oliver Wood. Wood – I've found you a Seeker."
Wood's expression changed from puzzlement to delight.
"Are you serious, Professor?"
"Absolutely," said Professor McGonagall crisply. "The boy's a natural. I've never seen anything like it. Was that your first time on a broomstick, Potter?"
Harry nodded silently…
"He caught that thing in his hand after a fifty-foot dive… Didn't even scratch himself…"

That's the first we saw of her not being the demanding, strictly-by-the-rules teacher. She completely ignores the fact that Harry just broke school rules and instead revels in the fact that she found an awesome Seeker for the house Quidditch team. I love this look into her character as a Quidditch fan.

Another of my favorites is when she shows Umbridge who's boss:

"False hope?" repeated Professor McGonagall, still refusing to look round at Professor Umbridge. "He has achieved high marks in all his Defence Against the Dark Arts tests –"
"I'm terribly sorry to have to contradict you, Minerva, but as you will see from my not, Harry has been achieving very poor results in his classes with me –"
"I should have made my meaning plainer," said Professor McGonagall, turning at last to look at Umbridge directly in the eyes. "He has achieved high marks in all Defence Against the Dark Arts tests set by a competent teacher."

Which McGonagall line is your favorite?


No comments:

Post a Comment