Friday, August 23, 2013

Sidekick Showcase [38] - Law Enforcement


Sidekick Showcase, previously known as Sidekick Saturday, is a weekly bookish meme, hosted here by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! I will post my Sidekicks on Saturday, then whichever day during the week that you would like to post yours, you can put your link in on my page. Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in the week's topic
• Share a picture (if you can) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• The day of your post, put your link in below and grab the code for your post so you can see the others that post their's throughout the week as well

August Themes:
August 31st - Living Dead

This week is Law Enforcement

My choice is Falin
Alex Craft Series by Kalayna Price


I've only read the first book in this series so far so I don't know where this character goes fully yet, but I really like him. Falin is a law enforcement officer that helps Alex solve her problems in the first book Grave Witch. I couldn't do a picture of him because I don't have a good enough image of him in my head. I know to me he seems blonde, tall, and good-looking, but that's really all I have. He is really mysterious in the beginning, and Alex isn't sure why he is hanging around or if he is good or bad. He ends up helping after a while so even if he is hiding a lot, he is helpful and she solves a lot due to what he has to offer. I found out some of the secrets that he kept by the end of this story, but I feel like there are more to learn in later books. He is a love interest of Alex's and I'm also wondering which way she'll go with that because he seems like a great book boyfriend as things get pretty steamy with them. I wanted to spotlight him because even though I've only read the first in this series, I think this series will be one of my favorites and this character has a lot of potential. He's proud, loyal, mysterious, strong, good-looking and great at his job.

Quotes:


Grave Witch-
“Well,” he said, “I’m glad to see you’re finally taking some precautions, but you weren’t this tense when I dropped you off last night.” “But you were this annoying. At least one of us is consistent.”



Grave Dance-
I blinked at the haul. "Are you planning to go to war? Sure you don't want to pack an assault riffle as well?"
He looked up from the bag. "You have met yourself, right?"
"So should I get a gun too?"
"I'd fear the day.”



Grave Witch-
“No bit of tail ever comes between you and Prince Charming. He must have entranced you."

"Prince Charming?" Falin asked, the question barely a whisper. "What did you think PC stood for? Politically Correct?”




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment