Thursday, August 1, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday [27] - DNF'ing books


Alison Can Read Feature & Follow

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by  and Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - This week's feature is:  Hardcore Heroine and The Mile Long Bookshelf
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

This week's question is: How do you handle a book you don’t like? Do you DNF or do you power through?


First I would like to say that I am extremely picky on the books that I read to begin with. I check out the blurbs, and I look at the reviews that are up for it. I also read a lot of books that I see reviews for on fellow blogger's sites that I know I share a similar liking with. If it's an author's request sent by email I even look closely at how the email is worded and whether I like the way that is written. That is why you won't see a lot of low rated books on my blog.

If I start reading a book, and I don't like it though, it really depends on how deep the dislike goes. If it is offensive or hurts my emotional well-being in some way then I will go ahead and stop. I really don't like reading books that make me too sad on purpose so if it just turns me into an emotional wreck, I usually won't like it. If I know that I won't even give a star, I may go ahead and stop reading early so as not to waste my time. If, however, I'm at about a 2 star feeling with a book, I will keep going because the ending really could get it over that 3 star point. I've only DNF'd about 5 books total out of all that I've read. What about you??





No comments:

Post a Comment